Connect with us

Pakistan

F-9 park rape case suspects gunned down in exchange of fire: Islamabad police

Published

on

  • Suspects gunned down at a post set up by police in Islamabad.
  • Suspects were caught injured but died during treatment at a hospital.
  • Police say multiple cases were registered against the suspects.

ISLAMABAD: Two suspects allegedly involved in the F-9 park rape case were killed in an exchange of fire with cops at a snap checking point set up in the federal capital, the Islamabad police spokesperson said on Thursday.

Last night, the police had set up a snap checking point in Sector D-12 of Islamabad.

The Islamabad police said that when the suspects, Nawab Ali and Iqbal, saw the check post, they opened fire on the cops.

The spokesperson said the attackers were injured during the retaliatory fire adding “the suspects were caught injured but later died when they were shifted to the hospital.”

The police said suspects Nawab and Iqbal were wanted in multiple cases of street crimes and over 60 cases were registered against them. One of them was also wanted for murder during a robbery.

The spokesperson said the cops involved in the exchange of fire remained safe due to the safety measures. 

Islamabad Police track down ‘suspects’ 

A day earlier, the Islamabad Police had said that they had tracked down the suspects of the F-9 park rape case; however, denied making any arrests so far.

“It is requested to avoid speculations related to this case under investigation,” the Islamabad Police tweeted and asked people to inform the authorities if they have any information regarding the suspects.

On Tuesday, Inspector-General of Islamabad Police Akbar Nasir Khan said that the unfortunate incident took place in the unlit part of the park.

Khan, while briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Human Rights, also added that the police had not yet made any arrests in connection with the incident and will only do so once they have obtained solid evidence.

What happened?

Two armed men allegedly raped a woman in Islamabad’s F-9 park at gunpoint on February 2. The case surfaced in the news two days leaving the nation shocked at the audacity of the criminals who approached the victim — accompanied by her colleague — at the park, according to the first information report (FIR).

The FIR further stated that the gun-toting aggressors took the two to a nearby thicket at gunpoint and separated them. The attackers then beat the young woman up when she pleaded with them to let her go and even offered them money in exchange for her safety, the FIR read.

When the victim tried to raise her voice, she was beaten and threatened by the attackers who said they would call their “friends” to join them. Her attempts to run away were also foiled by the attackers, the FIR stated.

As they were leaving into a nearby thicket, the alleged culprits returned “all our things and gave us Rs1,000 to stay quiet” while also telling the victim that she should not be in the park at “this” time of the night, according to the FIR.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Elections

After a recount, PML-N keeps its seat in the Balochistan Assembly.

Published

on

By

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) was able to hold onto a seat in the Balochistan Assembly following a vote recount.

With a margin of 1919 votes, Muhammad Khan Lehri of the PML-N defeated Ghulam Rasool Imrani of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) to win PB-14 Nasirabad.

The Returning Officer (RO) reports that Ghulam Rasool Imrani of the PPP received 18787 votes, while Muhammad Khan Lehri received 20706 votes.

The PPP candidate contested the results, which prompted a vote recount request. Prior to this, on February 19, the PML-N narrowly prevailed in a vote recount to hold onto a seat in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly by 186 votes.

Sardar Shah Jahan of the PML-N defeated independent Shakoor Naumani, who was sponsored by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), in PK-40 Mansehra. The Returning Officer (RO), acting on a request from the independent candidate supported by the PTI, ordered the recounting of results for 173 polling stations. Sardar Shah Jehan received 43104 votes, and Shakoor Naumani, who was endorsed by the PTI, received 42918.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Rahat Faeth Ali Khan receives a clean sheet from FIA

Published

on

By

According to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), there is no proof that well-known musician Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has engaged in any illicit behaviour, including money laundering or tax evasion.

Since there is no proof of any wrongdoing, the FIA has declared that it has completed its investigation into the popular singer’s alleged money-laundering and tax evasion case.

According to the recommendations made by the field inquiry unit, which suggested closing the investigation into Khan, the competent authority has approved the closure of the investigation into Rahat Ali Khan and other individuals, as confirmed by the Additional Director of the Federal Investigation Agency’s Lahore Zone.

The data that are now accessible include no information that would link Rahat Fateh Ali Khan to any illicit money smuggling operations.

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Lahore has said that an investigation was opened in January of this year against Rahat Ali Khan and 182 other regular passengers who were leaving Lahore International Airport to find employment overseas. According to the report, information on frequent passengers served as the impetus for this inquiry, which had as its primary goal finding anybody engaged in money laundering or currency smuggling.

It is important to note that, based on their travel history, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) opened a money laundering and tax evasion investigation against well-known musician Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and others.

According to the FIA, the Deputy Director of Immigration at Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore supplied the information on 182 travellers. As a result, the investigation was started to find any regular travellers involved in cash smuggling or money laundering.

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has paid taxes on all of his local and foreign income, according to sources at the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and the Federal Institute of Agriculture (FIA).

Continue Reading

Law

A challenge to the Aurat March was dismissed by the Lahore High Court.

Published

on

By

The Lahore High Court rendered a decision on the appeal filed by citizen Azam butt about the prohibition on the Aurat March.

Deputy Commissioner Lahore and other parties were added as parties to the application.

The petitioner voiced worry that the peace and order situation would get worse as a result of the women’s march. According to the petitioner, Islamic society does not tolerate the banners and placards from the Aurat March.

The petitioner claims that the Constitution protects women’s rights and that initiatives are taken to enhance the welfare of women. The state must stop promoting the Aurat March in an immoral manner.

The court postponed making a ruling after rejecting the petition as inadmissible after hearing the opening statements. The ultimate ruling was rendered by Justice Shahid Karim.

Continue Reading

Trending