Connect with us

Entertainment

PSL schedule to be ‘announced soon’

Published

on

LAHORE: The schedule of the eighth edition of the much-awaited national T20 cricket event, Pakistan Super League (PSL), is likely to be announced on Friday, sources told Geo News on Wednesday.

The schedule of the eighth edition of the tournament has been finalised, however, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will hold final consultation with the PSL franchisers tomorrow (Thursday), the sources said.

According to the sources, the inaugural ceremony of the PSL will be staged in Multan as per the current schedule.

The sources added that the matches of the tournament would be played at four different venues. They also mentioned that the PSL will commence on February 13 and the final would be played on March 19.

PSL matches would be played in Karachi, Lahore, Multan, and Rawalpindi, the sources noted. They added that the matches at the four venues would be played simultaneously.

The sources also said that the strategy to allow the PCB to stage one exhibition match in Quetta has also been discussed. The exhibition matches would be played between Peshawar and Quetta, the sources added.

PSL 2023 Draft

The players’ draft for PSL 2023 was held in December last year in Karachi, with around 1,000 local and foreign players available to be picked by six franchises for 61 slots.

Five out of six PSL teams had retained eight players, while Peshawar Zalmi retained seven players last month when the retention and transfer windows were closed.

These teams completed a squad of 18 — which had three players each in the platinum, diamond, and gold categories, five in the silver category, two in emerging and up to two in supplementary categories.

Teams could have up to three foreign players in the first three categories — platinum, diamond, and gold — among them one overseas player was mandatory in platinum and diamond.

In a squad of 16, teams picked five overseas players, while in 18 they had six foreign players.

As many as 517 foreigners and 491 Pakistani players were available for selection.

Entertainment

A glimpse of Sania Mirza’s relaxed moments

Published

on

By

After a hiatus following her most recent Hajj trip, former Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza returned to Instagram.

The 37-year-old has a large global fan base, and those followers are quite curious to discover what daily errands Mirza runs.

Though she had been away from social media on her trip to Saudi Arabia for the Hajj last month, it had been a while since she had disclosed specifics about her time spent with friends and family.

Mirza was pictured chilling out with family and friends in her most recent Instagram image.

With a caption that read “Unrolling the B-roll,” the athlete shared images of herself, her gorgeous kid, Izhaan Mirza Malik, and pals, along with a few inane but artistically pleasing shots that showcased the star’s passion for the arts.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Is Sajal Aly returning to Bollywood alongside Prabhas?

Published

on

By

Indian entertainment sources have revealed that Sajal Aly is all ready to make her Bollywood comeback with the historical drama “Fauji.” She may appear on film alongside Prabhas, who stars in “Baahubali,” according to reports.

The information states that “Fauji” would be directed by “Sita Ramam” filmmaker Hanu Raghavapudi, who earlier disclosed that the film is a period action drama with a historical fiction setting. It is said that the “unique love story” is set against the “backdrop of war, taking place before India’s independence.”

Prabhas plays a British soldier in the film, which is supposed to also star Indian actor Mrunal Thakur. The “Sinf-e-Aahan” star was contacted by the filmmakers, who wanted to cast a pan-Asian female actor as the second heroine.

The project has the financial support of Mythri Movie Makers, and massive sets are being built in Hyderabad. September of this year is anticipated to see the release of the title.

A formal announcement about the casting specifics is anticipated in the interim.

It is noteworthy that Sajal Aly’s final Bollywood role was in the crime thriller “Mom” from Zee Studios, which costarred Sridevi, Adnan Siddiqui, Nawazudding Siddiqui, and Akshaye Khanna. Prior to the 2016 Uri attack, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) and the Film Producers Guild of India forbade Pakistani artists from performing in their nation. This strained relations between the two nations.Indian entertainment sources have revealed that Sajal Aly is all ready to make her Bollywood comeback with the historical drama “Fauji.” She may appear on film alongside Prabhas, who stars in “Baahubali,” according to reports.

The information states that “Fauji” would be directed by “Sita Ramam” filmmaker Hanu Raghavapudi, who earlier disclosed that the film is a period action drama with a historical fiction setting. It is said that the “unique love story” is set against the “backdrop of war, taking place before India’s independence.”

Prabhas plays a British soldier in the film, which is supposed to also star Indian actor Mrunal Thakur. The “Sinf-e-Aahan” star was contacted by the filmmakers, who wanted to cast a pan-Asian female actor as the second heroine.

The project has the financial support of Mythri Movie Makers, and massive sets are being built in Hyderabad. September of this year is anticipated to see the release of the title.

A formal announcement about the casting specifics is anticipated in the interim.

ThisIt is noteworthy that Sajal Aly’s final Bollywood role was in the crime thriller “Mom” from Zed Studios, which costarred Sridevi, Adnan Siddiqui, Nawazudding Siddiqui, and Akshaye Khanna. Prior to the 2016 Uri attack, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) and the Film Producers Guild of India forbade Pakistani artists from performing in their nation. This strained relations between the two nations.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Lahore dramatist Khalilur Rehman was abducted and robbed.

Published

on

By

Drama writer Amna Urooj claimed to be a great admirer and expressed interest in developing a drama in a letter to him, according to the drama writer’s lawsuit.

I was made to sit in a room when I got to the address the woman gave me. My cell phone, cash, ATM card, and other items were taken away by unidentified armed individuals who broke into my room after a while, according to Khalil ur Rehman Qamar’s police report.

As to his police report, he was blindfolded and brought to an unidentified place where the suspects asked for an extra Rs 1 million to free him. If they didn’t get their demand, they threw him at the unidentified place and got away.

Based on Qamar’s complaint, the police have opened a case including robbery and kidnapping.

The CIA police have been given charge of the inquiry, and the authorities have said that they are actively looking for the suspects and are optimistic that they will find them quickly.

Continue Reading

Trending