Connect with us

Business

Pakistan likely to pay price of Russian crude in Chinese currency

Published

on

  • Russian ship carrying 750,000 barrels crude to arrive in June.
  • Shipping cost has also been estimated somewhere at $15 per barrel.
  • Sources say Pakistan has finalised per barrel price close to $50-52.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is most likely to pay for the Russian oil in Chinese Yuan with the test cargo carrying 750,000 barrels of crude expected to dock in June, The News reported Friday.

“The cargo might also reach by the end of May,” a senior official from the Ministry of Energy told the publication. 

It has been learnt from sources that Pakistan will pay the price of crude most probably in the Chinese currency and the “Bank of China may play its role for transactions.”

However, the official refused to divulge in crystal clear terms the details about the mode of payment and the exact discount arguing it is not in the interest of the country and the seller also does not want to make it public fearing backlash from the other countries buying Russian oil directly from Moscow.

“Russia will provide URAL crude in the test cargo and most probably Pakistan Refinery Limited (PRL) will be tasked to refine the Russian crude,” he added.

Commercial analysis of Russian crude has been conducted in favour of Pakistan’s economy but it will further be cross-checked after refining the Russian oil. 

The shipping cost of the Russian oil has also been estimated somewhere at $15 per barrel, but it will be finalised after it arrives at the Pakistan port.

Other sources confided that Pakistan has finalised the per barrel price close to $50-52 against the cap price of G7 countries at $60 per barrel.

Pakistani refineries have been importing 80% of crude under long-term agreements from ADNOC and Saudi Aramco and in the remaining 20% there is a cushion to purchase Russian oil under GtG on a long-term agreement to some extent. 

But the government would also prefer to keep some cushion for purchasing the crude from the international market as the crude price can go down even blow the cost signed under the long-term agreements.

“Pakistan had earlier desired to get Russian crude price with a discount close to $50 per barrel, $10 per barrel below the cap price imposed by G7 countries on Russian oil in the wake of the war on Ukraine.”

However, one of the top guns in the coalition government said that the decision to import Russian crude under the GtG agreement at a 30% discount might not provide the required relief.

Business

The government is about to unleash another gasoline bomb on citizens beaten by inflation

Published

on

By

governmentThe price of petroleum products is anticipated to rise by the Federal Government starting on July 16. The price of gasoline is anticipated to rise by Rs7.67 per litre, the price of high-speed diesel by Rs3.72 per litre, and the price of kerosene by Rs2.73 per litre.

The people have informed me that a proposal to increase the petroleum levy has been created and is pending final clearance from Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.

After speaking with the premier, it is expected that the Ministry of Finance will declare the revised petroleum product prices tonight.

Petroleum product prices have recently surged due to rising global oil prices and Pakitsan’s adjustment of the petroleum levy in response to the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) adamant demands, which forced the country to raise the petroleum development levy in the Finance Bill to Rs70 per litre.

Noteworthy is the fact that on July 1, the authorities also dropped a gasoline bomb.

Continue Reading

Business

Positive Trend at PSX With a 1361-Point Gain for the KSE 100-Index

Published

on

By

In the first few hours of trading, the Pakistan Stock Exchange sees a bullish trend as the KSE 100-Index rises 1361 points, bringing the stock market to over 81,300 points.

Continue Reading

Business

Significant surge in the price of gold in Pakistan

Published

on

By

On Friday, the price of gold in Pakistan continued to increase.

According to the All-Pakistan Gems and Jewellers Sarafa Association, the price of 24-karat gold per tola has risen by Rs2,200, reaching Rs249,000.

The price of 10-gram 24-karat gold increased by Rs1,886, reaching a total of Rs213,477. On Thursday, the cost of 10 grammes of 22-karat gold was Rs195,687.

The global gold market likewise had a rising trajectory. As per APGJSA, the worldwide rate was $2,404 per ounce, showing a decline of $24 during the course of the trading day.

The local market witnessed constant silver prices at Rs2,900 per tola.

Market observers attribute the increase in gold prices to other variables, such as volatility in the global market, currency exchange rates, and economic conditions. The ongoing surge in gold prices is likely to impact investment choices and consumer behaviour in the near future.

Continue Reading

Trending