Connect with us

Pakistan

Blast in Balochistan’s Kachhi leaves one injured

Published

on

  • Blast takes place in Kachhi district.
  • Police say explosives were placed on roadside.
  • Balochistan under constant terror attacks recently.

In yet another terror incident in the restive province of Balochistan, at least one person was injured after an explosion took place in the Kachhi district of the province, police said on Monday. 

The police told media persons that the explosives were placed on a roadside.

Balochistan has been under constant terror attacks recently with several incidents taking place in the province. 

Bolan incident

Recently, at least 18 people were injured after a remote-control bomb detonated on a railway track in Bolan, forcing the train’s engine and seven carriages off the track.

Railway authorities said that the injured had been shifted to Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Sibi.

The Jaffer Express train was travelling from Machh to Sibi, when the blast occurred, local authorities said.

“A relief train was dispatched from Sibi to rescue passengers of the train and bring them to Sibi safely. Passengers on the Jaffer Express coming from Peshawar to Machh were stopped at Sibi and are now being brought to Quetta via buses,” they added.

According to Deputy Commissioner Kachhi Agha Samiullah, the blast was carried out by a remote-control device.

On the other hand, the carriages of the derailed train are being lifted from the railway track.

Terror attacks

In the annual report issued by the Centre for Research & Security Studies (CRSS), Balochistan suffered from 110 attacks last year, becoming the second most vulnerable province in the country.

Over 250 people lost their lives in terrorist attacks and counter-attacks, whereas over 200 sustained serious injuries in the province.

The last month of the year witnessed over two dozen attacks in quick succession, and that became one-fourth of the total fatalities that occurred in Balochistan, a province which has just 6% of the country’s population.

According to reports, the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Baloch Nationalist Army (BNA), the terrorist organisations, are mainly involved in terror incidents in the area-wise largest province of the country. In Balochistan, at least 14 major attacks took place mostly on security forces targets.

Security forces remained the primary target of terrorist attacks in the province.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Elections

After a recount, PML-N keeps its seat in the Balochistan Assembly.

Published

on

By

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) was able to hold onto a seat in the Balochistan Assembly following a vote recount.

With a margin of 1919 votes, Muhammad Khan Lehri of the PML-N defeated Ghulam Rasool Imrani of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) to win PB-14 Nasirabad.

The Returning Officer (RO) reports that Ghulam Rasool Imrani of the PPP received 18787 votes, while Muhammad Khan Lehri received 20706 votes.

The PPP candidate contested the results, which prompted a vote recount request. Prior to this, on February 19, the PML-N narrowly prevailed in a vote recount to hold onto a seat in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly by 186 votes.

Sardar Shah Jahan of the PML-N defeated independent Shakoor Naumani, who was sponsored by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), in PK-40 Mansehra. The Returning Officer (RO), acting on a request from the independent candidate supported by the PTI, ordered the recounting of results for 173 polling stations. Sardar Shah Jehan received 43104 votes, and Shakoor Naumani, who was endorsed by the PTI, received 42918.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Rahat Faeth Ali Khan receives a clean sheet from FIA

Published

on

By

According to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), there is no proof that well-known musician Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has engaged in any illicit behaviour, including money laundering or tax evasion.

Since there is no proof of any wrongdoing, the FIA has declared that it has completed its investigation into the popular singer’s alleged money-laundering and tax evasion case.

According to the recommendations made by the field inquiry unit, which suggested closing the investigation into Khan, the competent authority has approved the closure of the investigation into Rahat Ali Khan and other individuals, as confirmed by the Additional Director of the Federal Investigation Agency’s Lahore Zone.

The data that are now accessible include no information that would link Rahat Fateh Ali Khan to any illicit money smuggling operations.

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Lahore has said that an investigation was opened in January of this year against Rahat Ali Khan and 182 other regular passengers who were leaving Lahore International Airport to find employment overseas. According to the report, information on frequent passengers served as the impetus for this inquiry, which had as its primary goal finding anybody engaged in money laundering or currency smuggling.

It is important to note that, based on their travel history, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) opened a money laundering and tax evasion investigation against well-known musician Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and others.

According to the FIA, the Deputy Director of Immigration at Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore supplied the information on 182 travellers. As a result, the investigation was started to find any regular travellers involved in cash smuggling or money laundering.

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has paid taxes on all of his local and foreign income, according to sources at the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and the Federal Institute of Agriculture (FIA).

Continue Reading

Law

A challenge to the Aurat March was dismissed by the Lahore High Court.

Published

on

By

The Lahore High Court rendered a decision on the appeal filed by citizen Azam butt about the prohibition on the Aurat March.

Deputy Commissioner Lahore and other parties were added as parties to the application.

The petitioner voiced worry that the peace and order situation would get worse as a result of the women’s march. According to the petitioner, Islamic society does not tolerate the banners and placards from the Aurat March.

The petitioner claims that the Constitution protects women’s rights and that initiatives are taken to enhance the welfare of women. The state must stop promoting the Aurat March in an immoral manner.

The court postponed making a ruling after rejecting the petition as inadmissible after hearing the opening statements. The ultimate ruling was rendered by Justice Shahid Karim.

Continue Reading

Trending