Connect with us

Politics

Barkhan killings: Abdul Rehman Khetran sent on 10-day physical remand

Published

on

  • Sardar Khetran brought to court amid tight security.
  • He was produced before Judicial Magistrate Sameena Nasreen.
  • Levies personnel recover missing woman and her five children.

A district and sessions court in Quetta on Thursday granted police’s crime branch a 10-day physical remand of Balochistan Minister for Construction and Communications Sardar Abdul Rehman Khetran for his alleged connection with the gruesome murder of three people whose bullet-riddled bodies were found in a well in the Barkhan district on Monday night.

Khetran was brought to the court amid tight security. He made a victory sign before being produced before the court. The suspect was produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Sameena Nasreen.

The gruesome incident took place days after a video of a woman with the Holy Quran in her hands was released on social media. In the video, the woman claimed that she and her children were detained by Khetran. She pleaded with the people to get her and her children freed.

Initially, Khan Muhammad Marri, a resident of Kohlu, claimed that the deceased are his wife and two sons. He then went on the allege: “Five slaves are still in the possession of Sardar Abdul Rehman.”

The triple murder saga took a dramatic twist, when a police surgeon, after the post-mortem examination of the bodies, revealed that one of the deceased was a 17 to 18-year-old female. She said that the deceased was raped and tortured before being shot dead.

The medico-legal officer said that the autopsy finds that the girl was shot thrice in the head and her face and neck were mutilated with acid to hide her identity. She said that the girl may not be Giran Naz but her daughter.

Moreover, the other two were also tortured before being killed, she added.

Meanwhile, the suspect denied allegations of involvement in the gruesome murder of three people. Talking to Geo News, he claimed that he is a “peaceful and law-abiding person”.

“Accusations of owning a private prison and the murder of three people is a conspiracy to damage my political reputation,” he added. The minister accused his own son was behind the conspiracy.

Woman found alive  

On Wednesday night, Levies personnel recovered Marri’s wife Giran Naz — who had been presumed dead — and their five children including a girl, allegedly abducted by Khetran. The operation was conducted in light of Khan Muhammad’s allegations.

During the search operations, Naz along with her children Farzana, Abdul Majeed, Abdul Ghaffar, Imran, and Abdul Sattar were recovered, the Levies officials said.

The force took action in the areas of Kohlu, Dakki, Barkhan and Dera Bugti as Khan Muhammad Marri’s family was held hostage at different locations.

The Levies Quick Response Force conducted operations in east Balochistan and South Punjab to recover the hostages, it said. The force also foiled an attempt to transfer the two kidnapped boys to Punjab.

Specifying the locations, the Levies officials said that Naz, Farzana and Imran were recovered from Kohlu, Chamalang and Dakki in the border area of Bala Dhaka, respectively. Meanwhile, Majeed was recovered from Dakki, and Ghaffar and Sattar from Kohlu and Dera Bugti, respectively, they added.

Latest News

Cabinet will probably decide today whether to ban PTI: Fawad ChaudhryCabinet will probably decide today whether to ban PTI: Fawad Chaudhry

Published

on

By

According to the former federal minister, “Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif are standing on the wrong side of history.” He claimed that anybody who supported them would not be looked at.

The nation is experiencing political and economic upheaval, he claimed. An ex-minister claimed, “The government is now causing judicial instability.”

Anarchy is being generated, he claimed. “People will face more hardships; this is just the beginning,” stated Fawad Chaudhry.

As stated by a former PTI leader, “individuals from outside the PTI are committing digital terrorism.” He continued, “Everyone has to avoid them as they want to start fights while they are sitting abroad.”

Continue Reading

Latest News

PTI is given further time by the ECP to provide documents in the intra-party election case.

Published

on

By

Following an intra-party elections case, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was given an extension by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday to submit its paperwork.

Hearings were held on the PTI intra-party election case before a three-member bench chaired by Sindh ECP member Nisar Durrani.

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ECP member questioned who oversaw the PTI elections as it wasn’t an organization.

Regarding the PTI’s recent election, the ECP voiced no objections. Barrister Gohar, the Chief of PTI, replied, “We plan to address a few legal and technical queries given enough time.”

During the raid on the PTI Central Secretariat, he claimed that the police had seized everything, including crucial party records, and that they had not even left a “water dispenser.”

Continue Reading

Latest News

The PTI has filed a petition with the Lahore High Court to seek permission for holding a protest at Minar-e-Pakistan on August 14.

Published

on

By

In its appeal, PTI said that there will be no unlawful activity during the gathering, which they intended to hold on August 14 at Minar-e-Pakistan.

Permission from the court to hold the rally at Minar-e-Pakistan was requested.

PTI also asked for an injunction to stop harassing the petitioner and their family.

Notifying the Deputy Commissioner and other relevant parties, the court requested their comments. There was a one-week delay in the heating.

Note that the administration was also ordered by the Islamabad High Court to hold talks with the PTI in order to arrange a public gathering.

Continue Reading

Trending